Hemorrhoids are a very common issue, lots of people suffer and feel discomfort because of them. If the problem is identified you can apply correct treatment and get rid of hemorrhoids easily by simple self-help – no medical interaction is needed.
Important is to approach Hemorrhoids treatment holistically – by identifying the root causes and by applying needed cure. There are a lot of home remedies for hemorrhoids that provide great support for this kind of holistic approach. These have proven to provide quick relief and here is an overview of the 12 best hemorrhoids home remedies you can use.
1. Horseweed and Horse Chestnut
Probably the best natural remedy to fight off the symptoms and to strengthen the tissues that are affected by hemorrhoids. Not easy to apply them directly from nature, but there are natural oils and tinctures available that include one or both of these plants as their main ingredient.
Natural oil including both Horseweed and horse chestnut, find it here.
Natural horse chestnut tincture, find it here.
Benefits that they offer:
- Enhance vein health and versatility.
- Treat debilitating varicose veins that reside in the legs, and any related signs brought on by the varicose veins.
- Can prevent, reduce, and remove inflammation in your body.
- Rise in the blood circulation through the body.
- Stop diarrhea.
- Utilize to treat leg cramps due to poor blood circulation and an absence of vein elasticity.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular natural treatments for hemorrhoids. Simply soak a cotton ball or some toilet paper with apple cider vinegar and apply it to the hemorrhoid area. Repeat this process until the inflammation disappears and symptoms resolve. You should see improvement instantly. Alternatively, add half a cup of apple cider vinegar to a sitz bath.
Find here sitz bath and apple cider vinegar.
Other benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Lowers cholesterol and reduces your risk of heart disease.
- High in acetic acid, which has potent biological effects.
- Is a strong disinfectant, vinegar can help kill pathogens, including bacteria.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and fights diabetes.
- Helps you lose weight by making you feel full.
A well-known home remedy that is often used for hemorrhoids. Rutin is a plant pigment that is found in numerous fruits and vegetables such as buckwheat, oranges, grapefruit, lemon, cranberries, asparagus and lot of others. It`s easy to apply as it can be part of your normal nutrition, buying it in supplement form may be the best option.
Find here buckwheat.
Benefits of buckwheat:
- strengthens the lining of the blood vessels throughout the body to reduce bleeding and prevent them from collapsing.
- Works as an anti-inflammatory.
- Relieves swelling, aching, and pain from varicose veins.
- Helps to treat and prevent forming blood clots in both arteries and veins
- Works as an antioxidant as it binds to free radicals in the body and neutralizes them.
- Protects from diseases and offers other benefits as well.
4. Coconut Oil
Apply coconut oil directly to hemorrhoids, rinse and repeat. In addition to symptoms subsiding, the hemorrhoids should disappear over the course of just a few days.
Find here coconut oil.
- High in natural saturated fats, which not only increase the healthy cholesterol in your body, but also help to convert the “bad” cholesterol into good cholesterols.
- The oil work as a natural antibiotic by disrupting the lipid coating on bacteria and killing them.Reduce inflammation and heal arthritis.
- Boost immune system (antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral).
- Produces a longer sustained energy and increases your metabolism.
- Helps to burn fat, decrease appetite and especially helpful in losing belly fat.
- Building muscle.
- Improves antioxidant levels and can slow aging.
- Help naturally balance hormones because it’s a great source of saturated fat including lauric acid.
5. Witch Hazel
An astringent and healing tree, witch hazel is one of the oldest known natural remedies for hemorrhoids. Just soak a pad or cotton ball with witch hazel and apply it to the area.
Find here witch hazel.
- Great for easing the pain, itching, swelling, and bleeding of hemorrhoids.
- Reduce swelling and pain. Also will decrease blood pressure in swollen veins and maximize the effectiveness of your treatment.
- Treat blemishes already present on the face or other areas of the body. help to fade discoloration and speed up the healing process of any underlying damage.
- It has the ability to remove excess oil from skin and shrink down pores.
- Tighten skin and reduce inflammation makes this an ideal natural remedy for treating discoloration and puffiness under and around eyes
- Stop bleeding – use witch hazel for minor cuts and scrapes.
6. Aloe Vera
If you have Aloe Vera plant growing in your home, you are in luck. It is what you need to gain relief from burning, itching, irritation, and pain caused by hemorrhoids. You can use it in the following ways Break the leaf’s bottom part and apply the gel that you get from it directly on the affected area. Use your index finger to gently and evenly massage the gel on the affected area. The gel can also be applied inside with the help of a syringe to treat and heal internal hemorrhoids. It helps in reducing pain as well as bleeding. The gel can be applied as often as required. However, remember not to apply it after a bath, after bowel movements, or before going to bed.
Find here aloe vera.
- Moisturizes skin.
- Help in stimulating contractions on the walls of the digestive tract.
- Contains many vitamins including A, C, E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6.
- Is a well-known adaptogen. An adaptogen is something that boosts the body’s natural ability to adapt to external changes and resist illness.
- Aloe is known to soothe and cleanse the digestive tract and help improve digestion.
- Helps Boost the Immune System
- Disinfectant, Anti-biotic, Anti-microbial, Germicidal, Anti-bacterial, Anti-septic, Anti-fungal & Anti-viral.
7. Probiotics and Consume Probiotic-Rich Foods
Probiotics can be helpful for hemorrhoids. Probiotic supplements or daily servings of yogurt or kefir can accomplish this dietary need. Probiotics are essential for balancing the bacteria in your gut, which can prevent constipation and absolutely promotes overall health. Either take a high-quality probiotic supplement, or consume more probiotic-rich foods such as fermented foods like fermented cheese, yogurt, sauerkraut, Korean kimchi, and numerous fermented drinks like kombucha tea.
Find here probiotic supergreens supplements.
Staying hydrated with water seems to be the number one recommendation for almost any health ailment. Water helps cleanse your internal system and hydrates your entire body. Along with fiber, drinking more water will help to soften stools and hopefully reduce the need for straining during a bowel movement.
9. Exercise and Lose Weight
Being overweight or obese, along with being highly inactive, is the perfect path for a complete decline in health. If you aren’t a healthy weight and aren’t moving, your organs and internal system as a whole becomes sluggish and works at low levels. Start exercising and losing weight to fix the problem and keep your digestive tract working.
10. Special exercises for hemorrhoids treatment
Kegel exercises are known as pelvic floor exercises and they strengthen the muscles of the pelvic floor by alternately contracting and relaxing them. Weak pelvic muscles translate to lack of voluntary control of urination and bowel movements. Therefore they are best suitable for preventing and treating causes related to hemorrhoids, read more here.
11. Eat Plenty of Vegetables, Fruit
Seeing as hemorrhoids result from constipation and straining, it should be no surprise that upping fiber intake can help mend the issue. Fiber helps soften stools and is essential for colon health and digestive health as a whole. This nutrient helps to clean out the gastrointestinal system, preventing constipation and allowing the colon to work at greater levels of efficiency. Sources of fiber include vegetables of all kinds, flax seeds, almonds, pecans, pistachios, prunes, pears, and beans. whole wheat, brown rice, oatmeal, pears, carrots, buckwheat, bran. Include these foods in your diet while trying the other home remedies for hemorrhoids.
12. Other Considerations For Hemorrhoid Treatment
- Soaking the area in warm water a few times a day for 10-15 minute periods can reduce inflammation and help relieve symptoms. You may also take a sitz bath and add a half cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Keep the area clean, bathing daily. Don’t use soap on the area as it will likely just cause irritation. Use moist toilet paper to dab the area after a bowel movement to lessen friction from wiping.
- Practice good hygiene by cleaning your anus with warm water during a shower or bath every day. But don’t use soap, as soap can aggravate hemorrhoids. Also, avoid using dry or rough toilet paper when you wipe after a bowel movement. Use moist towelettes or wet toilet paper (that do not contain perfume or alcohol. Find here wet wipes.
- Apply ice packs or cold compresses to relieve swelling. Find here ice packs.
Side effects – Make sure that you always consult with your primary health care practitioner for medical advice.